The School Day
We are currently carrying out a consultation exercise on proposed changes to the school day to align the start and finish times of both campuses and to increase the teaching time for both KS1 and KS2. To let us know your views, please complete the survey via a link that will be sent through to the registered e-mail address
Arrangements at the Start and End of the School Day
Travelling to School
Many of our families live withi walking distance of the school and we strongly encourage those that can to walk to school. For those families using cars, please park safely, do not stop on yellow lines or the area directly outside the school and take care when reversing and parking.
If your child is unable to attend school due to illness, parents/families must inform the admin team between 8.30 am – 9.00 am. Once registers close, the admin team will begin to contact parents of absent children who have not contacted school.
Start of the day
The school gates open at the Kirk campus at 8.20am and classroom doors open at 8.30am and at the King campus gates open at 8.30am and doors open at 8.45am. Children arriving before this time must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Children enter school through their classroom door and will be greeted by their teacher or teaching assistant.
Breakfast club provides childcare for families who need provision from before 8.50am. Please ask the admin team or contact the Scott Centre for details.
End of the Day
The school day at the Kirk campus ends at 3pm and 3.15pm at the King campus. Children will leave from classroom doors. The following protocols are in place for the end of the day:
- Children will leave through the classroom door which will be opened by either their teacher or teaching assistant.
- Only adults that you have authorised on your registration form as responsible for collecting your child will be allowed to collect, so if there are any changes, please let your child's class teacher or the admin team know in plenty of time.
KS2 (Upper Years 5 & 6)
If you are happy for your child to walk home, please give written consent in the diary. Children will not be allowed to walk home without this consent, and you will be contacted.
Children collected by taxi
Children being taken home by taxi will be collected from the library area outside the office. Taxi drivers will be asked for identification. A member of staff will ensure that your child is met and escorted to the taxi.
If your child is attending a club, you must state collection arrangements on the form that will be sent to you. Changes to these arrangements must be given to the office staff in time to notify teachers. As with the end of the day, late collection procedures will be followed 10 minutes after the end of the club.
Late Collection/Uncollected Children
In the event of a child not being collected at the end of a session, the school wishes to cause as little distress as possible to the child and to the family. At the same time, the school needs to ensure the health and safety of the child is not put at risk.
If a child is not collected at the end of a session the procedure will be as follows:
- The register will be checked for any information regarding collection of the child.
- If no information is available, attempts will be made to contact parents/carers at home or at work as appropriate.
- If above is unsuccessful, attempts will be made to contact emergency numbers on the registration form.
- Attempts will be made to contact the parents/carers in any other reasonable way e.g. another parent.
- Staff will not allow the child to leave school with anyone other than those authorised by parents.
- The child will not be given food and drink that is known to cause allergies otherwise the child will be offered food and drink.
- If none of the above procedures are successful, Children’s Services may be contacted.