Welcome to Morgan Class!
Our teacher this year is Miss Foyle and our class teaching assistant is Mrs Jones. We are very lucky to have support from Mrs Ollerhead during the mornings. We currently have a student teacher working in our classroom who is called Miss Relf. We have a very exciting year of learning ahead so please keep checking back for photos and updates. Thank you for your continued support this year.
- Our library session is every Tuesday afternoon. Banded books will be changed twice a week, once at the beginning of the week and once at the end of the week.
- Forest School sessions will be every other Wednesday morning (Spring term break).
- Indoor PE is every Wednesday morning.
- Show and tell is every Friday afternoon. In year 2 show and tell must be linked to our current topic. Our topic for this half term is called 'From one extreme to another'. We will be learning all about the polar regions.
- Our school councillor is Agnes and our rights respecting representative is Tiana.
We are very lucky to be continuing with Forest School this year and we have lots of fun and exciting sessions coming up. Children will need to wear a long sleeve top, trousers and wellies for Forest School and as the weather becomes colder lots of layers are advisable. Children may wear their Forest School clothes into school on the morning of our lessons and bring their school clothes in a bag to change into later on. A text reminder will be sent out the evening before our lessons.
Year 2 will be having a break from Forest School for the spring term and will resume later on in the year.
Click on the link below to view photos of our sessions from the autumn term.
Our indoor PE slot for the Spring term is on a Wednesday morning, where the children will be learning a range of skills. The week beginning Monday 22nd January, year two will be doing outdoor PE every afternoon where they will be learning to play netball. This will build up throughout the week, ending with a competition on the Friday. It is suggested that children keep their PE kits in school for the whole week as activities crop up occasionally that require the use of trainers etc. As the weather remains cold, children may wish to bring a tracksuit into school to wear during outdoor PE lessons.
From one extreme to another.
Our topic for the first spring half term is called 'From one extreme to another'. Children will be learning about the two polar regions, the Arctic and the Antarctic and think about the similarities and differences between the two as well as the different animals that live there. They will also be learning about different explorers who have visited the polar regions. To launch our topic, we will be having a Polar day on Monday 8th January whereby we will be having a visit from an explorer who has visited the Arctic. Photos to follow.