Welcome to Morgan Class!
Our teacher this year is Miss Foyle and class teaching assistant is Mrs Jones. We are very lucky to have support from Mrs Ollerhead during the mornings. We have a very exciting year of learning ahead so please keep checking back for photos and updates. Thank you for your continued support this year.
- Our library session is every Monday afternoon. Banded books will be changed twice a week, once at the beginning of the week and once at the end of the week.
- Forest School sessions will be every other Wednesday morning.
- Outdoor PE is every Thursday afternoon.
- Show and tell is every Friday afternoon. In year 2 show and tell must be linked to our current topic.
- Our school councillor is Agnes and our rights respecting representative is Tiana.
We are very lucky to be continuing with Forest School this year and we have lots of fun and exciting sessions coming up. Children will need to wear a long sleeve top, trousers and wellies for Forest School and as the weather becomes colder lots of layers are advisable. Children may wear their Forest School clothes into school on the morning of our lessons and bring their school clothes in a bag to change into later on. A text reminder will be sent out the evening before our lessons.
Forest School dates for the autumn term are;
Wednesday 13th September
Wednesday 27th September
Wednesday 11th October
Our outdoor PE slot for the Autumn term is a Thursday afternoon, where the children will be learning multi-skills. The week beginning Monday 18th September, year two will doing PE every afternoon where they will be learning a gymnastics routine. It is suggested that children keep their PE kits in school for the whole week as activities crop up occasionally that require the use of trainers etc. As the weather turns colder, children may wish to bring a tracksuit into school to wear during outdoor PE lessons.
Around the world in 80 days.
Our topic for the first autumn term is called 'Around the world in 80 days'. Children will be learning about the different oceans and continents of the world to begin with. They will then focus on a different continent each week and learn about a country within that continent.