The School Day
Travelling to School
Many of our families live within walking distance of the school and we strongly encourage those that can to walk to school. For those families using cars, please park safely, do not stop on yellow lines or the area directly outside the school and take care when reversing and parking.
If your child is unable to attend school due to illness, parents/families must inform the admin team between 8.30 am – 9.00 am. Once registers close, the admin team will begin to contact parents of absent children who have not contacted school.
Breakfast Childcare Club - The Scott Centre
Breakfast club provides childcare for families who need provision from 8.50am. Please ask the admin team or contact the Scott Centre for details. Youth Options - The Scott Centre Web Page & Contact Details.
Start of the day
The school gates open at the both campuses at 8.20am and classroom doors open at 8.30am, registration is at 8:45am. Children enter school through their classroom door and will be greeted by their teacher or teaching assistant.
End of the Day
The school day at both campuses ends at 3.15pm. Children will leave from classroom doors. The following protocols are in place for the end of the day:
- Children will leave through the classroom door which will be opened by either their teacher or teaching assistant.
- Only adults that you have authorised on your registration form or who are on our 'End of Day Collection List' will be allowed to collect your child/children, so if there are any changes, please let your child's class teacher or the admin team know in plenty of time.
KS2 (Upper Years 5 & 6)
If you are happy for your child to walk home, please give written consent in the diary. Children will not be allowed to walk home without this consent, and you will be contacted.
Children collected by taxi
Children being taken home by taxi will be collected from the library area outside the office. Taxi drivers will be asked for identification. A member of staff will ensure that your child is met and escorted to the taxi.
If your child is attending a club, you must state collection arrangements on the form that will be sent to you. Changes to these arrangements must be given to the office staff in time to notify teachers. As with the end of the day, late collection procedures will be followed 10 minutes after the end of the club.
After School Childcare Club - The Scott Centre
The After School Childcare Club provides childcare for families who need provision from 3:15 - 6:00pm. Please ask the admin team or contact the Scott Centre for details. Youth Options - The Scott Centre Web Page & Contact Details.
Late Collection/Uncollected Children
In the event of a child not being collected at the end of a session, the school wishes to cause as little distress as possible to the child and to the family. At the same time, the school needs to ensure the health and safety of the child is not put at risk.
If a child is not collected at the end of a session the procedure will be as follows:
- The register will be checked for any information regarding collection of the child.
- If no information is available, attempts will be made to contact parents/carers at home or at work as appropriate.
- If above is unsuccessful, attempts will be made to contact emergency numbers on the registration form.
- Attempts will be made to contact the parents/carers in any other reasonable way e.g. another parent.
- Staff will not allow the child to leave school with anyone other than those authorised by parents.
- The child will not be given food and drink that is known to cause allergies otherwise the child will be offered food and drink.
- If none of the above procedures are successful, Children’s Services may be contacted.