School Council Update - January 2020
The school council got together and decided they would like to run a fund-raising activity to raise money for the people in Australia who are affected by the bush fires.
They chose Friday the 24th of January as this is only 2 days away from Australia Day on the following Sunday. Children are asked to donate £1 for a dress down day and to wear Australia colours (Yellow/green) or anything Australia related.
The children will also be selling cakes to raise some extra funds.
We will let you know in due course how much they have raised and which appeal we will be donating the money to.
School Council Update (King) December 2019
This half-term the children for the ‘King’ school council have been working really hard on improving our lunchtimes.
We met to discuss the positives and negatives of lunchtimes and then worked together to come up with some achievable ideas that we could implement to make lunchtimes a more inclusive, fun and diverse experience for all our children.
These are some of their ideas that we have implemented since our meeting:
- Some Year 6’s have been trained by Mr Stow to deliver ‘active’ sessions to the KS1 children on the KS1 playground during lunch break.
- We have ‘zoned’ areas in the playground for children to choose from a wider variety of activities.
- We now offer a lunch club in the courtyard which has a different activity running each day.
- Year groups now have lunch together so friends can enjoy lunch together even if they’re in different classes.
- We have a ‘treat’ Forest School lunchtime every Tuesday where 14 children from a year group have lunch at Forest School with our Forest School leader and enjoy some Forest School activities.
- Lunches are now slightly staggered to ensure smoother transition through the lunch hall.
Our school councillors are about to present these ideas to their classmates in a class assembly and we will get feedback on other things we can do to improve lunch times.
Great job School Councillors!!