The School Day
Travelling to School
Many of our families live within walking distance of the school and we strongly encourage those that can to walk to school. For those families using cars, please park safely, do not stop on yellow lines or the area directly outside the school and take care when reversing and parking.
Start of the day
The school gates open at both campuses at 8.30 am and classroom doors open at 8.35 am, registration is at 8:45 am. Children enter the school through their classroom door and will be greeted by their teacher or teaching assistant.
End of the day
The school day at both campuses ends at 3.15 pm. Children will leave from classroom doors. The following protocols are in place for the end of the day:
- Children will leave through the classroom door which will be opened by either their teacher or teaching assistant.
- Only adults that you have authorised on your registration form or who are on our 'End of Day Collection List' will be allowed to collect your child/children, so if there are any changes, please let your child's class teacher or the admin team know in plenty of time.
KS2 (Upper Years 5 & 6)
If you are happy for your child to walk home, please give written consent in the diary. Children will not be allowed to walk home without this consent, and you will be contacted.
Children collected by taxi
Children being taken home by taxi will be collected from the library area outside the office. Taxi drivers will be asked for identification. A member of staff will ensure that your child is met and escorted to the taxi.
Voyager Afterschool Club
The Voyager Afterschool Club is run in-house at both campuses, offering childcare for families who need provision from 3:15 – 6:00 pm at a charge of £10.00 per day, per child. Please ask the admin team or contact the school office for further details or book your child a space at this club.
Late Collection/Uncollected Children
In the event of a child not being collected at the end of a session, the school wishes to cause as little distress as possible to the child and to the family. At the same time, the school needs to ensure the health and safety of the child is not put at risk.
If a child is not collected at the end of a session the procedure will be as follows:
- The register will be checked for any information regarding the collection of the child.
- If no information is available, attempts will be made to contact parents/carers at home or at work as appropriate.
- If the above is unsuccessful, attempts will be made to contact emergency numbers on the registration form.
- Attempts will be made to contact the parents/carers in any other reasonable way e.g. another parent.
- Staff will not allow the child to leave school with anyone other than those authorised by parents.
- The child will not be given food and drink that is known to cause allergies otherwise the child will be offered food and drink.
- If none of the above procedures are successful, Children’s Services may be contacted.